4 minutes reading time Mexico
Astonishing slice of tropical paradise in the beautiful city of Tulum in Mexico. Sandy beaches with warm transparent water, mystical sites, and glorious landmarks — Mexico can offer you everything and even more. You can spend simply amazing times in Tulum.
This city is suitable for family vacations and fun trips with your friends. So it is best for you to consider this place for your next big trip with your loved ones.
How to get to Tulum
You can get to Tulum from a nearby city of Cancun or from Playa del Carmen.
In Playa del Carmen there is an international airport, and from there you can transfer by bus or taxi service to Tulum itself. Cancun also offers bus transfers, but it is twice longer to get to Tulum from Cancun, so we recommend you to use Playa del Carmen as your first destination.
Best places to stay in Tulum
Tulum offers a huge variety of accommodation options for tourists to choose from. You can stay in a luxury, five-star, over-the-top hotel, or quiet eco-lodge that is perfect for people who appreciate a sustainable lifestyle.
La Valise Hotel located in a jungle, but has a private beach area. Breathtaking views and a very quiet location will make your stay there exceptionally happy.
To save your many for travels and souvenirs, choose Chavez Eco Beach Camping and Cabañas for your vacation in Tulum. Here you will enjoy the private beach area and a little garden with local fruits. This eco-living experience is the best people who want to connect with nature on their vacation.
Tulum is an ancient city with a long and splendid history. That is why there is a huge, yes, a huge variety of places you can visit in Tulum.
- Mayan Ruins. The ancient part of Tulum was founded more than 1500 years ago. Remains of a native American city make a lasting impression. When you touch them, it feels like time stops. These ruins are very spectacular and of course, are mandatory for every passionate tourist.
- Chichen Itza. Mayan ruins are one thing, but Chichen Itza is so much more than that. Save a whole day to explore this place in the best way. Chichen Itza is one of the most important landmarks of ancient America and you will definitely appreciate it once you will get there.
- Beaches. Tulum is a place made in heaven for everyone who loves seaside vacations. Beaches are simply unbelievable there — warm and turquoise water complemented by soft white sand. You can find a private place if you are lucky enough and take a lot of cool photos for your Instagram in Tulum.
- Cenotes. Amazing natural caves with rainwater and plants are one of the most interesting sites of Tulum. You can observe them on your own or book a guided tour to cenotes if you want to learn a full history of these places. Also, we highly recommend you to explore diving possibilities in cenotes — they are perfect for snorkeling and diving.
- Spa experience. Mexico itself and Tulum specifically have amazing spa centers and resorts for your full pleasure and relaxation. Massages, hot springs, saunas, and every other procedure you can imagine is possible there.
Must try Mexican foods
Mexican cuisine is exotic and familiar at the same time — it is simple, tasty, and very hearty. In Tulum we recommend you to visit as many local places as you can, to get a full experience from Mexican cuisine. Of course, tacos and quesadillas are a must for you to try in Tulum. Fresh tortillas with the best poultry and fish you can find — that is just a heavenly food.
Ceviches and fried seafood are served with amazingly fresh vegetables. Tulum is one of the best seaside cities in the world, where you can taste seafood so fresh, that you cannot believe it.
In the dessert area, locals in Tulum enjoy fruit ice pops with pieces of fruit inside. Delicious and ready-to-ripe fruits are everywhere there. Your inside fruitarian will be so happy when you will explore local desserts in Tulum. The best way to explore local foods in Tulum is to book a food tour in your hotel.
Anyway, we wish you to have a splendid time under warm sun of Mexico in this ancient and beautiful city!
Share this inspiration: